With the way casino games have really taken off over the last couple of years, there are many blackjack players out there that need some simple tips to make their game even better. There are a lot of young and simply new players and even some veteran blackjack players sitting down to play blackjack that really don’t know what they are doing, and they could be doing so much better with just a little help! With just a little passion and knowledge of the game, these tips will definitely help improve the game of just about every blackjack player. Even if you’ve been playing blackjack for a long time, there may just be a couple tips below that will make you stop and think!
When you know how to hit or stand, and just some simple tips for the game, you can turn what many call a game of luck into a game of strategy. While you’ll never know exactly what card will be coming next (unless you’re counting cards) these tips will have you ready for anything that may come your way.
If you already have knowledge of the game you’ll be able to improve from the blackjack tips provided below.
- Never split tens
- Always split Aces and eights, no matter what the dealer’s showing card may be
- If you are allowed, surrender hard fifteen against a dealer’s ten, sixteen, nine, ten or Ace
- Never take insurance unless you are counting cards
- Stand on hard seventeen or higher if the dealer’s showing card is a seven or lower, every time
- Every time the dealer’s card is showing four, five, or six, stand hard
Double down on two card combinations totaling:
-Nine if the dealer’s showing card is three, four, five, or six
-Ten if the dealer up card is anything but a ten or an Ace
-Eleven if the dealer up card is anything but an Ace
- Stand on hard thirteen through sixteen if the dealers showing card is six or lower. Hit if the dealers card is seven through Ace.
- Hit until you have at least seventeen against a dealers ten.
- Hit a soft seventeen against a dealer’s ten.
- Hit a hard twelve when the dealer’s up card is two, three, seven, or anything higher.
- Never split fours, fives, and face cards.